Farm Crew Leader Position
Kalona Brand Company is a vertically integrated, regenerative ag and food company focusing on cacao, ulu, and avocado crops on the North Shore of Oahu, and is seeking Farm Crew Leaders to assist the Farm Manger in the management of the day-to-day operations of the farm including soil preparation, weed management, irrigation management, planting, pruning, harvesting, and post-harvest processing.
· Crew Leader is responsible for assisting the Farm Manager with all aspects of the farm management and leading a crew in daily farm management and operations including soil preparation, weed management, irrigation management, planting, pruning, harvesting, and post-harvest processing.
Planning & Development:
· Crew Leader optimizes day-to-day operations and adjusts as needed.
· Crew Leader carries out the development and execution of the proposed farm plan. With limited guidance from the Farm Manager helps to manage crew members, contractors, and other activities.
· Assists the Farm Manager in the development and implementation of the overall farm plan
Financial Management & Reporting:
· As necessary, assists the Farm Manager in updates to, and reports on, progress of the project.
· Helps to oversee and manages relationship with assigned partners, contractors, and other team members and reports on activities.
Project Management & Operations:
· Develops and implements day-to-day operations including hiring farm team and general staff oversight, crop and harvest management, processing and value add production, crop storage and shipment, and equipment purchases/leases and maintenance.
· Crew Leader is responsible for working collaboratively with a variety of internal and external partners. May prepare and manage Requests for Proposal (RFP’s) for consultants, contractors and suppliers.
· Directly supports the Farm Manager to ensure timely execution of the project.
· Develops and maintains project plans and tracking reports.
Partnership & Community Relations:
· Assists with community relations efforts in the region.
· May attend community meetings and assist with presentations to groups including neighborhood boards, public officials and business associations.
Education & Experience Required:
· High School Diploma or GED
· Associates and Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3-5 years of related farm management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Operating experience in tropical and other growing climates, including experience in on-farm water, soil, pest and diseases management.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Demonstrated farm management skills
· Effective at leveraging relationships (internal and external) to break down barriers, share information and promote effective teamwork.
· Knowledge of Hawaii and working knowledge of practical farm operations such as: planting, irrigation, fertilizing, and harvesting of crops.
· Work history in the agriculture industry and general mechanical skills are preferred.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, oral communication, and writing.
· Computer skills and working knowledge of GPS/GIS, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
· Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Kawika Burgess at email@example.com